Client: J. Harris Development Corporation
Location: Birmingham, Alabama
J. Harris Development Corporation, a residential land developer and home builder, relocated their corporate offices to the historic Harris building, originally built in downtown Birmingham, Alabama, in 1883. The building is a 3-story load bearing masonry building. The project included restoration of the exterior façade, and renovations and improvements to the building interior. Design and restoration work was carefully done to preserve historical building features, which allowed for the procurement of investment tax credits through the United States Department of Interior and the Alabama Historical Commission.