J. Harris Development Corporation, a residential land developer and home builder, relocated their corporate offices to the historic Harris building, originally built in downtown Birmingham, Alabama, in 1883. The building is a 3-story load bearing masonry building. The project included restoration of the exterior facade, and renovation work was carefully done to preserve historical building features, which allowed for the procurement of investment tax credits through the United States Department of Interior and the Alabama Historical Commission.

Location

Birmingham, Alabama

Client

J. Harris Development Corporation

Completion

2006

© Poole & Company Architects

2 North 20th Street, Suite 1610 Birmingham, AL 35203 | (205) 326-2206

website design by Arrows Digital Media

Poole white small.png